Vice President of Revenue
It’s an exciting time to serve schools and libraries! With schools starting to welcome students back to their COVID-safe environments, Demco is continually seeking new ways to support their essential work.
Demco has been serving education communities and libraries for more than 115 years and is the leading source for products and solutions that support lifelong learning and enrichment. We consistently strive to develop long-term customer relationships by delivering solutions to meet their unique needs. In our quest to be the leading partner for these essential communities, Demco is currently accepting resumes for our Vice President of Revenue.
About the Position
As our Vice President of Revenue, you will work closely with senior management, owning the charge to drive both revenue and margin growth for the entire company. Responsible for all revenue operations, you will define and maintain the company’s revenue strategy, revenue systems, and revenue programs. This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of Marketing and Sales, ensuring that the interaction between these departments is aligned with the larger company-wide strategy.
Skills, Abilities & Responsibilities
- Inspires through powerful leadership that includes vision, strategy, and action
- Owns strategy, alignment, and performance of the organization’s revenue-generating departments
- Collaborates with finance, product management, and marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models to achieve revenue goals
- Ensures the customer’s voice is present in every operation
- Creates a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results
- Monitors the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establishes both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Monitors the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle, from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Clearly communicates the company vision and the revenue strategy across all relevant functions and ensures the right goals are defined and met
- A 4-year college degree in a pertinent field of study is required, MBA is preferred
- Minimum 10 years working in a GM, Director, or VP role with P&L responsibility
- 5 years of experience as a Sales, General Manager, Marketing, or Customer Success Senior Leader
- 5 years of experience managing and developing a successful staff representing several areas of expertise
- Extensive professional experience in multiple facets of the business involving Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Financial acumen, including experience working with financial statements and taking the steps necessary to make improvements in key business areas
- Must be willing to travel (as permitted by COVID)
Demco is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. Our work atmosphere is collaborative, inclusive, and embraces the growth mindset. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional services and solutions for our customers while having fun. Our work is driven by coworkers who are customer-focused and have a true interest in addressing customer satisfaction. Our leaders are passionate about coworker engagement and take a personal interest in developing the talent of our teams.