For over a century, Demco has been serving the needs of America's libraries and schools. With a broad product offering of over 50,000 items including thousands of unique or hard-to-find supplies, furniture, and equipment, Demco offers more of what librarians and teachers need every day. Each day, Demco receives countless orders from our customers who enjoy our same-day shipping goal. In support of this goal, Demco is currently accepting resumes for a Warehouse Associate position.
This Warehouse Associate position works Monday through Friday from 6:30a to 3p, with overtime opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Safely and efficiently pick customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is picked
- Prepare orders for shipment and load packages into trailer
- Operate manual meter to guarantee orders are shipping per regulations
- Ensure that orders picked are accurate and free of damage in accordance with company quality guidelines
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Assist in other areas of the Value Center and manufacturing as volume dictates
- Participate in continuous improvement and problem solving initiatives, creating a better work process for everyone
Accuracy is critical in this role. As such, you must have the ability to follow directions while emphasizing safety. You must be able to read, speak, and write legibly in English, count accurately, and do simple math. The role requires standing and walking for extended periods of time and you'll need to be capable of twisting, stooping, squatting, reaching and crouching on a regular basis and use proper lifting techniques to lift up to 70 pounds. And you must be able to work overtime when needed. The ideal candidate will show a strong work ethic and must have a solid work history.
This position reports to our Value Center in DeForest, Wisconsin, conveniently located close to US Highway 51 and within minutes of I90/94/39. Our work atmosphere is collaborative, inclusive and embraces the growth mindset. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional services and solutions for our customers while having fun. Our work is driven by coworkers who are customer-focused and have a true interest in addressing customer satisfaction, and our leaders are passionate about coworker engagement and take a personal investment in developing the talent of our teams.
In accepting our offer for employment, you will enjoy all Demco's progressive benefits including options for all insurances, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness, tuition, and pc programs, a generous retirement program including investment and planning resources, and many other options from which you may choose.